Thursday, April 26, 2012

I'm wondering if this is a decent video card?

I want to buy a new computer and I want to customize one using Dell. The only video card I can add to the computer is an

ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro. I am wondering if anyone knows if this is a good video card. I'm thinking of playing Spore and Call Of Duty 4 on my computer and other games too. Thanks!|||I've seen the HD2400 run CoD4, but I wouldn't recommend it. It is enough to run at 1280*1024 with medium setting and no AA. It is playable, but most people prefer higher framerates for first person shooters, 30 is minimal and 60 frames per second is recommend. However since you're buying a custom computer from Dell, I recommend getting a model that allow you to choose a video card, but only get the cheapest one (ie if there's one that save more money than the HD2400 then get that one!), then for 70-200$, you can get a great video card from say www.ncix.com or www.newegg.com.



Cheers!|||On a french review site, I've read that for 3D games you should look elsewhere. This card is the entry level for the Radeon HD 2000 serie.|||that's a good video card but it's not enough for Call of Duty 4

No comments:

Post a Comment