Sunday, May 6, 2012

Upgrading from a integrated video card?

I got a 7950 gt and I want to install it but I dont know if I have to do anything before putting it in. Will the only thing that I have to do is disable onboard video in the BIOS and then install the card and open the drivers?|||Thats it. You may not even have to do the BIOS because it will auto switch off. Just pop it in and download drivers and if that doesnt work then disable onboard video.|||Yep ... but you might be able to let both working and add a second screen .|||Isn't it wonderful that BIOS does it automatically for you. Once BIOS detects a card on the graphics slot, it will disable onboard graphics and NOT allocate any system RAM to it for sharing. Just be sure you have a strong (on +12V rail) power supply. Your 7950GT will draw about 50 watts mainly on the +12V rail. If you just get a black screen, power supply does not have enough juice for the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment