Friday, May 4, 2012

Can I extend my desktop using the motherboard's VGA out and the video card's VGA out?

Hey Yahoo Community,



I'm building a PC right now, and purchased a video card with a single VGA and DVI output. If I wanted to extend my desktop, could I connect the first monitor's VGA cable to the video cards VGA port and, at the same time, connect the second monitor's VGA cable to the motherboards VGA out?



The motherboard is an Intel DH55HC. The video card is a GeForce 210 video card.



Thanks in advance,

Ryan|||Absolutely NONE of Intel's IGP chipsets will allow you to use the onboard VGA and a graphics card at the same time.



If you add a separate graphics card, it will only work if the motherboard integrated graphics are disabled.



You MUST connect BOTH monitors to your GeForce 210 video card. The DVI port on the GF210 should be a DVI-I jack that can also send out an analog VGA signal, through an adapter (which might be included with the card).|||No.. You can only have one graphics card enabled. You can however use a DVI to VGA adapter for the second output of the graphics card for the second monitor. You'll need to disable the integrated GFX card in the CMOS setup utility. This will actually free up some system RAM, since the dedicated card has its own VRAM.|||Yes, you can do that no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment