Friday, May 4, 2012

What is a good half-height video card?

I need a new video card. It needs to be half-height, NOT low profile. I'm having real trouble finding a halfway decent one. I'd like it to support directX 10 and Pixel Shader 3.0, but it's a lot to ask of a half height.



Yes, I tried Google. I haven't found anything.



Thanks in advance.|||Low profile cards ARE half height. Those little metal brackets are usually easily replaced and some (most?) low profile cards come with a smaller bracket for replacement.



The best low profile card by far is a 9600GT made by Galaxy. Personally I wouldn't put a 90+W card in a small case, but apparently other people would. The only real alternative is the 8600GT. All other cards unfit for modern gaming.|||Half height? If you mean like half of the newer card's size but want decent performance, get the 8600GT, my brother has one, it's a little more than half my GTX 260.

No comments:

Post a Comment