Friday, April 27, 2012

Is a GDDR2/DDR2 video card compatible with my motherboard's DDR 1 RAM?

Is a DDR2 video card compatible with my motherboard's DDR 1 RAM. I have a 8VM533M-RZ. 992 Mb of DDR 1 RAM. I have 1 AGP 4x Slot. I'm planning to buy geforce 7600 GS 512 Mb GDDR 2.|||I think, if the slot is same (AGP 4x and you want to buy AGP 4x) it will compatible. But, I think you buy is DDR not DDR2. Because it will make a small problem when you use that video card.



Yeah, good luck...|||Yes, it will work fine.



There is no need to match the system RAM and the video RAM as they are used independently of each other.



Just make sure the 7600 you buy is an AGP card and not PCI-express.|||Yes it is compatible. GPU ram and System RAM are completely separate and do not affect each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment