Friday, April 27, 2012

When you get video cards is the higher number mean that the card is better like geforce 8500 and 8600?

Also what is the very best manufacture to get when geting a video card so many different ones?|||I would go with the Nvdia, I have been working on computers for 11 years and never had a problem with any nvidia, but tons with every ATI card I have used.

Brand wise, ASUS and XFX are the best.

The number does correspond mostly. A high level 7 card will out do a 8300, but the 8600 is as powerful as the most powerful 7 series, which is actually two 7900's together.

The 8500gt is a very good card, I built a rig with one a few weeks ago and it can max out every setting in BF2 and BF2142, so its pretty good. The 8600 should be quite a good card, and the 8800's are the king of the hill.|||I agree|||You need to look at the specs of the card.

8500 vs. 8600 means nothing if the 8600 has lower overall performance. Check out hardware places like toms hardware for the latest best items.|||Yes, usually it's a newer type. I would go for ATI. I've had (and still do have), NVIDIA problems.|||Usually yes, it means it's better, but sometimes there are exceptions, that is why you need to look at their specs.



Right now the sweetspot is a card based on this chip:



Nvidia GEFORCE 8800GTS (640MB) version

No comments:

Post a Comment