Tuesday, April 3, 2012

How do I install my new GeForce 7300 GS video card?

Well I have an integrated 6150 graphics card on my new HP. I recently bought a new one, and I'm just curious as how to install it, because I honestly don't think I need to pay CompUSA $30 just to pop something in.



My friend showed me basically how to do it, but I'm wondering if there is anything else I should know. He showed me on his computer, he just took off a side panel, then he showed me the video card slot. After that he took a video card and popped it in, after moving some latches around.



Then after that I know when I start up my computer, I'll need to put in the software that came with it and install it. Is there anything else I should know?|||Nope thats about it, just put your card in the correct slot, go to the nVidia website and download the latest compatible drivers (because the drivers that come with the card are usually old), and thats it.

If there are any problems like you can't see anything when you put it in, you might want to go into your bios and switch the priority from Integrated to the pci-ex or AGP slot.

Although your computer should automatically detect everything.|||I think that is it. I don't think you have to disable the video card.



If you have problems then you can try to disable the on board video in the BIOS. Your computer (and your owner's manual) will tell you how to access that. When your computer first powers up, you see a message like "Push Delete to enter setup" or something similar. That is how you get to your BIOS. Becarfully when you are in there, change only what you need to and get out. If you make a mistake, don't save the settings.|||This will give you a decent overview of the process:



http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3118_7-5023…



Good luck!|||The onboard video should automatically disable itself when the new video card is inserted... So, yes, what you said is all you should need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment