Monday, April 23, 2012

Does using a bad psu ruin your video card?

My video card just sudden screwed up on me 2 days ago. I read reviews about similar problems on other people and they say that the psu is not strong enough to support power fo rthe video card.



i have a 8600 gt, what kind of psu should i get?|||If you do not have a large enough power supply yes, it can destroy your GPU.

Depending on the rest of the system what I have(for a slightly better video card) is a OCZ gamexstream 700 watt power supply. If you don't expect to upgrade the card I would suggest stepping down to the 500 watt version for about half the price. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…|||As the above poster said, it has the potential to damage any component. Cheap PSU's can have spikes in voltage, and dont produce clean DC.

What PSU you should use also depends on what other components you have in your system. I would suggest a 600W PSU to avoid any issues

No comments:

Post a Comment